Gun Club
Follow Us On:

New CoF Design - First try

Upcoming Events at the VCGHC and elsewhere

New CoF Design - First try

Postby lash » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:30 pm

I had an idea the other morning for a course of fire for an IDPA match and took the time to learn how to design a course of fire and work one up. Is anyone interested in looking at it or seeing if it would be good enough to use at a local match? I have it in PDF format so could load it unto photobucket and link it if anyone is interested.

If someone does want to take the time to look at it. I'm open to any criticisms or suggestions as to how to improve the design and even how to make changes in my format to be friendlier to shooters and SOs alike.

I do have other ideas... 8-)

Thanks,
Mike
lash

Re: New CoF Design - First try

Postby lash » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:51 pm

OK, so I figure that you want to see what I'm talking about. It took me a bit to export this as a JPG and as you'll see below, for some reason the one page version will not display correctly, so I then had to create two different JPGs, but here goes:

And since that didn't display completely, here it is broken down into two pictures:

So, what do you think?

Mike
lash

Re: New CoF Design - First try

Postby Kirk » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:26 am

Thanks for posting this. I'm currently preparing to take the IDPA SO course at the end of the month and have been "studying up" on the "The Little Brown Book" and need to design a CoF for the class.
I would prefer the attack dog be a regular threat just because I can't imagine bad guys bringing one into my house
The only problem I have is ethical concerns. Most of us our too old to have wife/teenagers! LOL
Kirk
Range Safety Officer

Return to Events