Gun Club
Follow Us On:

Concealed Carry Q & A

Issues regarding concealed carry

Re: Concealed Carry Q & A

Postby jgatlin » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:48 am

Personally, I prefer it when the bad guy brings a knife to a gun fight but that's just me. ;)
"Gator needs his gat now! punk ass, bitch!"
jgatlin
Range Safety Officer

Postby Ray » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:33 pm

Can I carry at a Orlando Magic game or a Music Concert, for example? I forget the law regarding if it's related to sports, schools or school events, etc. I also was asked to be a team leader during a 4 day survival class with the boy scouts where we will be "living off the land" out in the forest the entire time. I'm thinking that would be a good place to have protection against animals but it could be breaking some law detail since it's with the Boy Scouts of America, not sure. Thanks.
Ray

Postby jgatlin » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:48 pm

Sporting events are a no go, be it professional or school unless it is related to firearms fs.790.06(12). Forest is no problem as you are camping and that is in fs.790.025(h) if you need reference.
"Gator needs his gat now! punk ass, bitch!"
jgatlin
Range Safety Officer

Postby Ray » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:32 am

Great. Thanks for the info!
Ray

Postby Frank » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:35 pm

You could carry at a concert as long as it was not at a school or university.
Frank

Postby Frank » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:43 am

In response to the advice that I should have called the Sheriff's Office after my problem with the tennant who pulled a knife on me, I agree in principle. Problem is, there is a great variation in training and knowledge among law enforcement officers and civilians alike regarding concealed carry and legal self defense, castle doctrine, etc. In discussions with both New Smyrna Beach Officers, Sheriffs Officers, general public, and VCGHC members, I find that their knowledge of Chapter 790, Florida Statutes varies greatly. Draw the wrong officer, you spend a lot of time and money on your defense of a legal action, even if you are legally carrying and all your actions were legal. Don't get me wrong, I was an officer in Florida and have great respect for and appreciate those who serve and try to defend us; however, the law enforcement training on concealed carry is inadequate.

I'm not the only person who feels this way. Author and Attorney Jon H. Gutmacher, Esq. who publishes the bible on concealed carry, FLORIDA FIREARMS LAW, USE, & OWNERSHIP, states in his book on page 72, the following quote: "Now, just because this is legal' (concealed carry) 'don't think you can't get arrested. The problem is that many police officers have not been trained very will in this area, and have their own idea of what the law is. I personally handle at least half a dozen cases a year where the police arrest someone for something that is totally legal. Unfortunately, they just don't know the law."
Frank

Postby SBeery » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:38 am

+1 Frank; so true
Sean Beery
Director
VCGHC
"Stay Alert, Stay Alive"
"Pain is Weakness Leaving The Body"
SBeery
Chief Range Safety Officer

Postby ColtHBAR » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:59 am

What are the legal requirements that must be met in the state of Florida, to teach CCW classes?
ColtHBAR

Postby nsbshoot » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:27 pm

On the topic of printing, I thought the attached photo of the First Lady surrounded by her Secret Service detail was interesting. You can see large bulges on hips all over the place. Of course, it's probably the intent for most of these agents to print, as their obvious show of force might discourage some yahoo who had intent to harm. But it does show how hard it is to hide a 40/.45 on your hip with summer clothing. When you want to be more discreet, even with looser clothing and a IWB holster, it's still very easy to print. (You may have to scroll down to see the bottom of the photo.)

article-1300240-0AB052F2000005DC-955_468x603.jpg
Printing while carrying
(122.18 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
nsbshoot

Postby Enjoykin96 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:34 am

The most important rule of self-improvement is that you have to love yourself, respect yourself. Appreciate your own efforts, never underestimate the work you do every day. Don't forget about that http://puressay.com/blog/respect-essay-do-really-we-need-respect-and-self-respect
Enjoykin96

Previous

Return to Concealed Carry